The Independent Education Union of Australia, representing over 75,000 members in non-government education, calls upon all federal political parties to commit to the essential matters ahead of the next federal election.
Responses are currently being received from the various political parties.
In the lead up to the next Federal election, the IEU has written to all political parties, seeking a commitment to the following matters:
- School funding model funded for 2018—19 and onwards
- Commitment to fund and index need as identified by Students with Disabilities research project (learning adjustment definitions)
- Requirement on all state governments to meet funding co-commitment levels as identified in School Review Report
- AITSL – representation of both IEUA and AEU on AITSL board and AITSL committees
- Access to high quality, affordable continuing education
- Right of union to apply for multi-enterprise bargaining
- Lawful industrial action in multi-enterprise negotiations
- Maintenance of current paid parental leave provisions
- Right to return to part time work after parental leave
- Paid domestic/family violence leave
- Prioritise indigenous health, education and well being
- Appropriate and adequate funding to ECEC, and
- Asylum seeker fair go
The following responses from political parties been received from the various political parties.
For details of Senator Lazarus policy, in particular regarding asylum seekers, see the website: http://glennlazarusteam.com/policies/#c-s-g-mining